The 14th Biennial International Conference on Drugs, Alcohol and Society in Africa is fast approaching and we are looking forward to seeing you in Abuja. The Symposium will take place on the 21st and 22nd of October; on the 22nd there will be a full day of activities for members of the NGO network organized by CIND. Both the NGO event and the national symposium have received generous support from the EU/UNODC project on “Response to Drugs and Related Organized Crime in Nigeria”.
Please take note the following:
- Venue: The venue of the conference is Chelsea Hotel, Central Business District, Abuja.
- Registration: All participants (including those receiving UNODC/EU sponsorship) are expected to pay the registration fee. Please take advantage of the discounted fee by registering on or before the 24th of September 2019. Early registration is N25,000 (N10,000 for undergraduate students); registration after that date is N30,000 and N15,000 respectively. Onsite registration will begin the evening of the 21st and continue till the 22nd.
- The deadline for receipt of full papers was 2nd September; if you have not already submitted you paper please do so immediately.
- The national symposium is an opportunity for capacity building in the field of substance use research and practice so in this year’s programme we have several events focusing on professional enhancement, e.g., a workshop on qualitative research methodology and another on writing winning grant proposals; and panel discussions on policy and practice.
- If you will be presenting a paper please submit your PowerPoint slides the day before your scheduled presentation. In preparing your slides, note that you will be given 7 minutes for the presentation.
- If you need information about accommodation in Abuja please contact the LOC (email@example.com).
- You will receive a draft programme at least two weeks before the symposium.
We look forward to seeing you in Abuja next month.
CRISA Line (Gloria) – 0802 755 1365
CRISA Account Information
Account Name: CRISA
Bank: G T Bank
Account Number: 0042755970
Routing Number: 058015513